This is a delicious and super speedy recipe. I use premade, hechshered polenta to cut down on time, and it tastes great! The recipe feeds a ton of people and it's
2 TB olive oil
2 16-oz. rolls of polenta, sliced ¼" thick
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
2 jars pasta sauce (better with veggies)
½ lb. shredded mozzarella
¼ cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 450*
2. Oil casserole
3. Line pan with ½ of the polenta slices; ok to overlap
4. Stir basil into pasta sauce; reserve some sauce to heat and serve on the side; pour half the remaining sauce over the polenta
5. Sprinkle with ½ the mozzarella
6. Make another layer of polenta slices; cover with remaining reserved sauce
7. Sprinkle with parmesan and then remaining mozzarella.
8. Bake until hot and bubbly
9. Heat remaining sauce and serve on the side.